Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Weekly review and Preview week 5th February

Dear Parents,

A news filled email for you this week. 

Next week is International Week and our lessons will have a Native American theme. On Friday the whole school will be celebrating International Day. The children can dress up on the day. I sent these suggestions before but am completely flexible. 

      


In the afternoon there will be a food fair. Thank you to the parents that are involved in the planning. What I am seeing and have heard it looks exciting. As we will no longer be having our class party you are still most welcome to join us in taking your child around the booths. Please note this is not compulsory as I know a number of you have other commitments; myself and the rest of the KS team will still be here. 

As Friday 9th February is International Day there will be no swimming. We will have an opportunity during that time to visit a primary class to learn about their focused country.

Ascot travels the world. 
As part of international week we are decorating the board front of EY of the children in places around the world. I will be using some of the pictures that you sent me after the Christmas Holidays. If you have any extra's please do send them to me and I will get them put up on the display. 

Advance Notice: Chinese New Year. On Friday the 16th February we will be celebrating Chinese New Year. More details are to follow but traditionally the children can dress up in Chinese clothes  

Message from Mark Renie help in KS. This message was sent via the Line Group on Wednesday 31st January

Dear KS Parents, 

I would like to address the concerns you have raised to Ms. Jenny in regards to the teacher to student ratio in KS. I understand your concerns and agree with them. This is why we have been actively recruiting a second nanny for the class. As we would like to ensure that we hire the best individual for the position, this process might take a few weeks. To support the class during this recruitment period I have assigned a second nanny from one of our other classes to help the class during the morning periods. This will begin today and will continue until we have employed a second nanny for KS. I would like to thank you for your patience, understanding and support in regards to this matter. Have a nice day. 

Best regards

Mark Renie 
 Ascot International School
KS Weekly Update:
Week 4 2018
Spring Term

This week
Next week
English
We looked at the letter Ll. We looked at the sound it makes and words that begin with l, such as: log, lemon, leaf, love, ladybird.
We will be looking at the letter Ff and its sound.


Maths
We have been looking at positional words such as in, on, under, next to, in front and behind. As well as counting to 11.
We will be counting to 12.
Inquiry
We have been learning about what boats and ships that power by wind power.  We also learnt about water safety.
We will be having an International week focus.
Notices and events
WB: 5thFebruary
Wednesday 14th February: Early Years and KS1 sports day. More details to follow in due course. Please note date change.
Week 5th February we will have International Week. Details have been update. We will be Native American Indians with a dress up day on Friday 9th February.
Please look at this email I send today as it will have a lot of information regarding things happening.


Wishing you all a lovely weekend

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment