Thursday, January 18, 2018

Week 2 review and preview

Dear Parents,

I understand that a number of you are concerned about the lack of adults in the classroom. I passed these concerns on and I am pleased to let you know that the class will be getting a new additional support staff member. As the school advertises and recruits, please bare with us. I have been assured that the school will make this as quick as possible. 

Thank you to those of you who sent me a photo of something your child did in the holiday.

Some dates:

Friday 2nd February: Early Years and KS1 sports day. More details to follow in due course.

Week 5th February we will have International Week. Details are still being finalized but I hope that we will be looking at Native American Indians with a dress up day on the 9th February. I will confirm this as soon as I can.
Wishing you all a lovely weekend


Jenny

Ascot International School
KS Weekly Update:
Week 2 2018
Spring Term

This week
Next week
English
We looked at the letter Oo. We looked at the sound it makes and words that begin with o, such as: orange, octopus, ostrich, old, otter etc
We will be looking at the letter Uu and its sound.


Maths
We have been collecting information and turning that into a bar graph. Strawberry is the class’s favourite ice cream. with the support.
We will be matching numbers 1-6 with a quantity.
Inquiry
We have been learning about how to be safe when we walk in and out of school. Where it is safe to walk, no running and where to stop when we want to cross the road.
We will be moving along the transport timeline and looking at horse and cart.
Notices and events
Friday 2nd February: Early Years and KS1 sports day. More details to follow in due course.
Week 5th February we will have International Week. Details are still being finalized but I hope that we will be looking at Native American Indians with a dress up day on the 9th February. I will confirm this as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment